Replaces R-12 in Multiple Stationary Applications
Save Time and Save Money with a Quick and Easy Conversion to Choice R-420A.
- ..is an EPA accepted replacement for R-12 and R-500.*
- ..can be used to replace R-134a.
- ..is ASHRAE designated R-420A.
- ..operates at almost identical pressure-temperature relationships as R-12.
- ..contains no propane, butane, or isobutane.
- ..is Non-Flammable and rated A1.
- ..has an extremely low temperature glide (averages 2° F).
- ..has almost zero fractionation.
- ..can be topped off following repair of a system leak.
- ..is compatible with all materials commonly found in HVAC/R systems.
- ..contains no R-22.
- ..can contribute to energy savings.
- ..can be recovered with standard recovery equipment.
- ..can be detected by standard leak detectors.
- ..is backed by a product warranty.
- ..is currently in use in a wide variety of applications including:
- Ice Machines
- Walk-In Coolers
- Reach-In Coolers
- Plate Chillers
- Vending Machines
- Bus Air Conditioning
- And More..
* R-420A is packaged with a performance enhancing lubricant.
|Contains Butane R-600 or Isobutane R-600a?||NO||YES: Isobutane R-600a||YES: Butane R-600|
|Oil Change Required?||NO||NO||** SEE BELOW|
|Temperature Glide (°F)||2.5||14||4|
|EPA SNAP Accepted?||YES||YES||YES|
|ASHRAE Safety Classified A1?||YES||YES||YES|
|Packaged with a Performance Enhancing Lubricant?||YES||NO||NO|
*Contact the manufacturer to determine what level of fractionation will occur. Systems containing R-420A can be added to an unlimited number of times.
**FR-12™ requires an oil change in any of the following circumstances:
- If the evaporator temperature is below 20 degrees F.
- If the refrigerant lines are longer than 20 feet.
- If any components such as the receiver/filter drier, condenser etc. are to be replaced.
- If the system has a history of poor oil return.
Source of information is from Manufacturer’s Literature.